Do you have what it takes to volunteer?
At the heart of Home-Start is the belief that parents play the key role in giving their children the best start in life and that other parents have the experience and understanding to support those families who need help.
Could you make a difference?
Volunteering gives you a sense of a purpose, helps you to develop new skills, helps you build on your experiences and makes a difference to the community.
We have some great volunteering opportunities available for parents:
- Children Centre volunteer (Admin, Early years, Food distribution, Kitchen assistant)
- Home scheme volunteer (Homevisiting)
- Fundraising volunteer
attend a 3-week course two days a week…
This fully prepares volunteers for their role and they:
- Receive lots of support both during the preparation course and after, when they are supporting Home-Start families from a designated co-ordinator
- Can access additional training and social events throughout the year
- Receive out of pocket travel expenses incurred whilst volunteering for Home-Start.
- After 50 hours of volunteering, can be given a reference
If you are interested in joining us as a volunteer, please download the Volunteer form from the button below:
We look forward to hearing from you. It’s dedicated volunteers that contribute to a strong community and build better futures for all.
71, Barnfield Road,